Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 27... Let it rain!

Craziness is a good word for the week! 
I want to start by talking about a guy that we met earlier in the week I don't remember his name but i will never forget the guy. We sat down to talk to him and he brought out his bible, this bible was smaller than the palm of your hand! it was one of the coolest things i have seen, so i thought that was strange but then things just kept on getting stranger! We tried our best to refer everything to the restored gospel but he kept on making weird comments like "since Jesus Christ was born, Satan has a son that was born on earth too" When i heard that i thought that, that would make a really cool movie! He went on saying that he sees dead people all the time and he described them in detail saying that they were grey and sad and yada yada, the best part was this. He all of a sudden got really serious and said "Elders can you tell me who has the power to make their hands heat up at will" I was so caught off guard by the question i just looked at my hands and I just said "Brother that is an inspired question, maybe a magician or a Firebender or in reality no body" He was conviced that he had this very power. He was a very kind man. and thus we see what comes to pass when man is left to his own understanding. When my companion and I left his house i just turned to my companion and asked "what just happened?" he said "I have no idea" 

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders in Tarlac. It was sweet! It rained like i have never seen it rain before! it rained so much that all the poop water came up from the sewers and flooded the streets it was FANTASTIC!! my leather shoes totally got destroyed but nothing that a little shoe shine couldn't fix! have i
mentioned that i am addicted to shining not only my shoes but my companions shoes every morning! I may not be able to speak and teach very well but i sure can shine a shoe! 

On Friday I went on exchanges with our District Leader Elder Mitchell here in victoria for a baptismal Interview! haha I love this man! two Americans is a fantastic combination! we talked to almost everyone we saw and they would just be shocked by two very attractive americans speaking tagalog! hah it was the best! 

We were fortunate enough to have two of our Investigators be baptized this saturday! Ethan and Jennifer! two of the most amazing people i have ever met! 

I'm loving life here in Victoria I never ever want to leave! Many of you may know but I am a total Nester! i like to stay in the same place and I'm not too super enthused about change! but all will be well! i'm 98% sure i will be transfered this upcoming transfer on July 16 AHHH!! ayaw ko! 

I love and miss you all! i love the work and i don't think i'm coming back home! Pray always, Read always, Church always! that will ensure that all will be well!
Take Care
My Journal
Goal for the week is to ride a pig....

No comments:

Post a Comment