Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 19.... The Commandments...




Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
I came across these two simple but incredibly central and essential commandments while studying about the 10 commandments. The obedience to the two great commandments is the foundation of every commandment given to us from our Father in Heaven. If we are to follow these two, every commandment, every law given to us will follow.
This week was a week full of learning. I learned so much in my studies. I would love if it were possible for us to take at least two extra hours to study the gospel. I wish i would have realized how incredible learning about the gospel is. It's almost as addictive as fresh made bread from the bakeries.
Did anyone watch the Pakman Vs. Mayweather fight? We didn't but the entire Philippines did. When the Pakman fights the Philippines has a 0% crime rate, not even kidding. In the municipal park here they had a projector set up and I wouldn't doubt if 3/4 of Victoria was there! Too bad our American Champion Mayweather took home the Gold! AMERICA!!

Elder Choresca and I had a workshop for the Ward Missionaries to build up their testimonies about the Atonement of our Savior. There was about 7 of them that showed up and we watched the suffering in the garden, the crucifiction, and the resurrection. Not a single person in that room had no tears in their eyes. "The more we understand about the atonement, the more desire we have to share the gospel" That was our goal for the workshop and it worked. It worked for them, and it worked for me. We gave them all mga aklat ni mormon and asked if they would write their testimonies and give it to someone they knew.
Grocery shopping this morning and a miracle occured... (Canned Chicken) The grin on my face lit up the entire
bird infested grocery store.
I love this work, I love these people, I'm beginning to think that i will live in the Philippines for the rest of my life. Buy a farm and farm for rice the rest of my days. I'm thankful for this glorious opportuninty to serve my God in this wonderful country. I'm thankful for all the people who have made it possible for me to be here. And I am especially thankful that it is mother's day next week!! AHH I cannot wait to see all of my family! I love you all! Have a fantastic week!'

No comments:

Post a Comment