Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 12 Keep on keeping on!

Yesterday i was reading in Alma chapter 56. The end of Alma is just war and so i've just been reading it like that, not really looking for any spirituality from it but yesterday something hit me that i thought was pretty sweet. 
Helaman was writing and epistle to Moroni Explaining what him and his "Sons" had been going through and their battles with the Lamanites. Helaman is the head honcho over the 2000 Stripling Warriors. Long story short Helaman and his army of young soldiers made the decision to go to battle This is what Helaman said to Moroni "Therefor what say yes, my sons will ye go against them to battle?
And Now i say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had i seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites." Powerful right? Where did this courage come from? Helaman Said this: "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their MOTHERS, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their MOTHERS, saying: We do not doubt our MOTHERS knew it." Mothers who are reading this please stand up and take a bow and have everyone in the room applaud you. You deserve a moment of glory for all the hard work you do. Make your husband cook dinner and wash the laundry tonight. You just sit back and relax.
I am a firm believer of the utter importance of the roll a mother plays in her children's lives. In the family proclomation i believe it says that the mother is in charge of the nuturing of her children. Both physically and spiritually. I want to give a shoutout to my own mother and tell her that she means the world to me. I know without her example of spirituality and cleanliness I wouldn't be on a mission and the house that i am currently living in would be a disaster because nobody cleans except for me! haha. My mother is the strongest person i have ever met. She's battled cancer, Obnoxious children, and many other things. She always tackles any opposition with courage and Faith in our God. 
Thank your mothers for all they have done for you because they have done so much. Fathers you are great too. But it is Mom's turn to shine. 
I love my mission, I love my God. Everything is still great here in Victoria. Nothing too new just keep on keeping on!
With every ounce of love that i am able to give
Love,



Late night waiting up for this email. Normally we start to here from him around 9 or 9:30 so Savy and I both were 
getting a little worried that we weren't hearing anything. Savy dropped off to sleep around 11:30 and I started another movie hoping to hear soon. At one he was on..... This sweet email well worth the wait.  






No comments:

Post a Comment