Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week 60.... Gold

February 21, 2016I would be a fool if i didn't share with you some of the thoughts and feelings that I have had experienced this week. First I apologize I haven't been a very good emailer in the past like 8 months. 
This last Tuesday, Febuary 16th 2016 we were payed with a visit from President Russel M Nelson, the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. To say I was excited would be an understatement. I was totally and completely edified. Shaking his hand and looking into those awesome blues eyes will be an experience that i will never forget. He even said my name and I quote "Elder Naylor, It's nice to meet you" geez i probably sound like a 12 year old girl who got to see a member of the One Direction band! but that's how i feel! haha i have a voice recorder and when i got close to shaking his hand I turned it on and put it in my pocket so i totally got him saying my name on recording and yeah i've played it over and over again.We were schooled by him and his wife Wendy (she's hilarious) Elder Bowen and his wife of the seventy. It was actually quite interesting i thought they would talk about missionary work and the elements of it and how we can improve but it turned out to be the completely different. They talked about Marriage.. A topic I personally I am very passionate about but an unexpected one. There were many things said but they just slammed on the importance of being married in the temple. So all you girls out there watch out.. because when this missionary comes home he is coming temple hungry!! haha
Family and Friends I am unbelievably happy and full of joy and love. I cannot put to words what an incredible experience and blessing serving the Lord has been for me. I've changed.. but more importantly I have witnessed the change of others. I see the hand of the lord almost as clearly as the brother of jared did. He is here and he lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment